1994-09-09 - Re: AIDs testing and privacy

Header Data

From: Mats Bergstrom <matsb@sos.sll.se>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ca9ca7bbe792c24a4cf2603857bef7b73493e5d9e579268386f26270d8ea93fc
Message ID: <Pine.3.85.9409091320.A24668-0100000@cor.sos.sll.se>
Reply To: <Pine.3.07.9409080630.D23928-b100000@gold.chem.hawaii.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-09-09 11:23:59 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 9 Sep 94 04:23:59 PDT

Raw message

From: Mats Bergstrom <matsb@sos.sll.se>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 94 04:23:59 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: AIDs testing and privacy

> > all Hawiian Citizen Units will begin moving to the mainland.
> > Some of the smaller islands have been cleared, and HIV+
> > units are being relocated as this address is being broadcast..."
>
> AUWE!  What a way to get the heart pumping in the morning - remember that
> this has happenned twice here: once sending victims of Hanson's Disease to
> Moloka'i, and again to send our Japanese-Americans to the mainland...

Actually, this points to a potential problem for anarchic societies.
Suppose that HIV would spread by airborne droplets, like the flu.
Then measures of isolation, like those stated here, would seem very
adequate. But could such measures be taken without strong government?

Mats

Thread