1994-09-07 - Re: AIDs testing and privacy

Header Data

From: jamiel@sybase.com (Jamie Lawrence)
To: Mike Markley <mmarkley@microsoft.com>
Message Hash: f85fae6f7f3b497e26521e0fa4bd40ae5f1f188658cc8420f46619226b008aa8
Message ID: <aa93eafd10021003ab22@[130.214.233.8]>
Raw Date: Wed, 7 Sep 94 15:14:54 PDT

Raw message

From: jamiel@sybase.com (Jamie Lawrence)
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 94 15:14:54 PDT
To: Mike Markley <mmarkley@microsoft.com>
Subject: Re: AIDs testing and privacy

At 7:28 AM 09/07/94, Mike Markley wrote:

>What about being denied a job because you have been treated for some
>disease? How about being denied a loan because your medical history has
>a profile that indicates that your life expectancy is shorter than the
>duration of the loan? It seems that the potential for abuse is so great
>that we should not allow such cross referencing.

Another example- A Lyndon LaRouche type could get elected.
(I personally don't have enough faith in the Folk At Large
not to hand someone like that power) "Starting tomorrow,
all Hawiian Citizen Units will begin moving to the mainland.
Some of the smaller islands have been cleared, and HIV+
units are being relocated as this address is being broadcast..."

-j

Thread