1994-10-04 - Re: Bomb information ban

Header Data

From: cactus@bb.com (L. Todd Masco)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3a858d9fb8dfd69aec3a05f40122f514482892168e42c488606d7a6838f4db74
Message ID: <36sa9q$avv@bb.com>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9410032327.A10386-0100000@welchlink.welch.jhu.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-10-04 19:22:56 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 4 Oct 94 12:22:56 PDT

Raw message

From: cactus@bb.com (L. Todd Masco)
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 94 12:22:56 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Bomb information ban

In article <Pine.3.89.9410032327.A10386-0100000@welchlink.welch.jhu.edu>,
cjl <cjl@welchlink.welch.jhu.edu> wrote:
>> All.  What part of Engineering doesn't have some impact or use in
>> bombmaking/usage?
>
>Genetic Engineering, of course, my silico-centric friend :-)

Actually, (a bird psych friend tells me) there was a variety of smart-
bomb developed in WWII that used a pigeon as its brain.  The pigeon would
be trained to peck at a building on a map, and then in the falling bomb
it would guide the bomb by pecking at a clear panel.

I don't think they were actually used, though.
--
L. Todd Masco  | Ingredients:  red, blue, and green quarks, six varieties of
cactus@bb.com  |  gluons, electrons.  Some settling may occur in shipping.

Thread