1994-10-06 - Dorothy

Header Data

From: m5@vail.tivoli.com (Mike McNally)
To: frissell@panix.com (Duncan Frissell)
Message Hash: 55b0e7de0e1be6f8de54df5f6c51ba70fcd34e65452f81c176dca5ed5cdaf1d9
Message ID: <9410061726.AA02024@vail.tivoli.com>
Reply To: <199410061650.AA06972@panix.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-10-06 17:27:12 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 6 Oct 94 10:27:12 PDT

Raw message

From: m5@vail.tivoli.com (Mike McNally)
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 94 10:27:12 PDT
To: frissell@panix.com (Duncan Frissell)
Subject: Dorothy

Duncan Frissell writes:
 > Don't be upset with DD.  She hasn't killed anybody.  If we're right about
 > our analysis of the new balance of power between the individual and the
 > state, her views don't matter.  If we're wrong, her views *still* don't matter.

Very well put.

To have someone on the "other side" who (as I hope we all acknowledge)
is quite well-informed about the technology behind the areas of public
policy we're interested in is a rather unique situation.  I consider
it valuable; in a way, it keeps us honest.

Mr. Sternlight, on the other hand, is another story...  (though I was
surprised and delighted by DS's appearance on the other high-volume
mailing list I'm on, the "Chile Heads" digest.  It seems
Mr. Sternlight has a taste for  spicy foods!)

| GOOD TIME FOR MOVIE - GOING ||| Mike McNally <m5@tivoli.com>       |
| TAKE TWA TO CAIRO.          ||| Tivoli Systems, Austin, TX:        |
|     (actual fortune cookie) ||| "Like A Little Bit of Semi-Heaven" |

Thread