1994-11-18 - Cash

Header Data

From: dwa@mirage.svl.trw.com (Dana Albrecht)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7e07a2c43e572f03931c9cc10e66d603973a069d370c6d2581e1ce379aca3ca1
Message ID: <9411181925.AA26548@mirage.svl.trw.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 18 Nov 94 11:26:08 PST

Raw message

From: dwa@mirage.svl.trw.com (Dana Albrecht)
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 94 11:26:08 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Cash

From alt.2600...

In article oh9@crl2.crl.com, eric@crl.com (Eric Fredricksen) writes:
> Anarch (anarch@cse.ucsc.edu) wrote:
> : They're in tens, too (don't know about ones and fives).  I've never been
> : able to remove one completely, but I've exposed the ends.  Do you know
> : how many there are in each bill, and where?  I know in tens there's at
> : least one, about a fifth of the way in from the left side (looking at
> : the front).
>
> They're easy to remove.  Just rip the bill diagonally from the edge to
> the strip on either side of it, and pull the little triangle you just
> made.  The strip comes with it. Show it to your friends.

Assuming this is true, it would seem that even good, old fashioned,
paper currency doesn't provide the level of anonymity that one
would think.  Scary...

Dana W. Albrecht
dwa@mirage.svl.trw.com

Thread