1994-11-22 - Re: Admiral Inman

Header Data

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@access.digex.net>
To: “James A. Donald” <jamesd@netcom.com>
Message Hash: f9b52165bdd5f06813bd7da6c898e194e2b099b28ff9f28fca0f38099b6d212e
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.941121231233.11694B-100000@access1.digex.net>
Reply To: <199411220132.RAA20163@netcom9.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-11-22 04:13:23 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 21 Nov 94 20:13:23 PST

Raw message

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@access.digex.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 94 20:13:23 PST
To: "James A. Donald" <jamesd@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Admiral Inman

On Mon, 21 Nov 1994, James A. Donald wrote:

> Black Unicorn writes
> > Wow, all that from a few lines of original text?  (Oh well).
>
> Our enemies are industriously corrupting the language in order
> to make the ideas of liberty inexpressible.   In particular
> they are seeking to make the concepts behind the declaration
> of independence and the bill of rights unspeakably and therefore,
> they hope, unthinkable.
>
> Thus it is often necessary to do a lengthy exegesis, in order
> to explain what they are really saying -- see for example
> certain recent flame wars.

Wow, all that from a few lines of original text?  :)

> --
> We have the right to defend ourselves and our
> property, because of the kind of animals that we        James A. Donald
> are.  True law derives from this right, not from
> the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.            jamesd@acm.org

073BB885A786F666 nemo repente fuit turpissimus - potestas scientiae in usu est
6E6D4506F6EDBC17 quaere verum ad infinitum, loquitur sub rosa    -    wichtig!

Thread