1994-12-13 - real time surveillances

Header Data

From: pstemari@fsp.fsp.com (Paul Ste. Marie)
To: tcmay@netcom.com
Message Hash: 109ea668c6520ff668f45693b4b16bbef1c56d2feacbcb62961e3154cd40f835
Message ID: <9412130315.AA16603@fsp.fsp.com>
Reply To: <199412130303.TAA03266@netcom17.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-12-13 03:19:02 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 12 Dec 94 19:19:02 PST

Raw message

From: pstemari@fsp.fsp.com (Paul Ste. Marie)
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 94 19:19:02 PST
To: tcmay@netcom.com
Subject: real time surveillances

> I can't speak for what Sandy S. meant, but I can assure you that a
> "broadcast polygraph" is not planned, nor is it likely to be
> technologically feasible any time soon.
>
> The basic technology is for position localization, not vital sign
> reporting, etc. To be sure, a vital signs subsystem could be linked to
> another system (as could a polygraph, with a lot of effort). But such
> is not the main intended purpose.

My point was that essentially a (broadcast of vital signs) ==
(broadcast of polygraph).  There's some stuff that's different, but I
don't think that it's sufficient to make a real difference.

What your friends are current working on implementing, of course, is
not (yet) to this point.

	Paul

Thread