1994-12-13 - real time surveillances

Header Data

From: pstemari@fsp.fsp.com (Paul Ste. Marie)
To: sandfort@crl.com
Message Hash: 2f37d384d8139ab44e33b6f778bf0f97f15482bb2147bee92a00faa155b00ac6
Message ID: <9412130250.AA16328@fsp.fsp.com>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.91.941212113355.25302A-100000@crl6.crl.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-12-13 02:51:39 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 12 Dec 94 18:51:39 PST

Raw message

From: pstemari@fsp.fsp.com (Paul Ste. Marie)
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 94 18:51:39 PST
To: sandfort@crl.com
Subject: real time surveillances

> The developers of the localizer technology I mentioned in my
> article have anticipated you.  Their equipment can do real-time
> vital sign monitoring.  There are some obvious benefits for wired
> cops plus some subtle drawbacks for bad cops.  (I leave discovery
> of said drawbacks as an exercise for the student.)

Heh.  You mean, I assume, that such a device would, when worn by an
officer in court, essentially become a broadcast polygraph?  It would
also provide an interesting check in wrongful force cases as to
whether a cop really was in fear of his life at a given time.

Thread