1994-12-13 - Re: BofA+Netscape

Header Data

From: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
To: perry@imsi.com
Message Hash: 3ab4c0436b77a9d8b2f50b076091d24d743f622d0f2ea9a072fbf15f8cf34097
Message ID: <199412131914.LAA26551@netcom10.netcom.com>
Reply To: <9412131442.AA12105@snark.imsi.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-12-13 19:14:56 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 13 Dec 94 11:14:56 PST

Raw message

From: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 94 11:14:56 PST
To: perry@imsi.com
Subject: Re: BofA+Netscape

> Marc Andreessen says:
> > Great, IPSP looks fantastic and we look forward to supporting it
> > as it moves through and beyond the "near" phase.

Perry E. Metzger writes
> Given that you haven't read any IPSP documents, I can only interpret
> your comments as sarcasm. If they aren't sarcasm, they represent more
> of the same "why bother to do any research" attitude that got you into
> trouble in the first place.

Perry, they are not in trouble.  They are the number one supplier
of the internet killer app.

The plug for crypto that they have placed in Netscape 0.96 is
the number one force bringing crypto awareness to the masses.

He said that Netscape would look at IPSP when it was beyond
the "near" phase.

The correct response is "Gee that is great.  Here are some
working demo systems, and some slabs of documentation."

Your salesmanship leaves something to be desired.

We have the right to defend ourselves and our
property, because of the kind of animals that we        James A. Donald
are.  True law derives from this right, not from
the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.            jamesd@netcom.com

Thread