1994-12-16 - Re: Algebra

Header Data

From: sdw@lig.net (Stephen D. Williams)
To: perry@imsi.com
Message Hash: 923da6fe2cf8d9cc84193c56087d8f96e0ec61fb5120f6b1eb8fc406501809ae
Message ID: <m0rIMCj-0009svC@sdwsys>
Reply To: <9412152037.AA01349@snark.imsi.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-12-16 00:46:37 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 15 Dec 94 16:46:37 PST

Raw message

From: sdw@lig.net (Stephen D. Williams)
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 94 16:46:37 PST
To: perry@imsi.com
Subject: Re: Algebra

This really reminds me that I'd like to start gathering short discourses on
various subjects to make a WWW educational library/courses.

It has everything you'd need and there are lots of things even I'd
like to write about.  I'm really thinking of a contrib learning
library.

Does anyone know if someone has started this yet?

If not, I'll organize a structure, contrib guidelines, WWW
server that allows contrib, voting (on best ways to learn
something), etc. and try to think up a domain that isn't
taken.  I'll by necessity have to set it up and let
it run since I'm already overloaded with work and family.

My feeling is that there is lots of stuff out there already
and that it needs to be organized.  Not overly so as
traditional schooling is, but in a way that allows
organic learning and search for what you may need to learn.

I'll start it on my web server and see about mirroring on
my friends systems (who have faster connections).

And now, the reason I decided to dump this here, I'd like
to ask permission to include discourses like the one just
given.

<wishing I would have brought this up somewhere else...>

comments please!

selfed.com or selfedu.com or maybe self-ed.com?????

--
Stephen D. Williams    25Feb1965 VW,OH      sdw@lig.net http://www.lig.net/~sdw
Senior Consultant      510.503.9227 CA Page 513.496.5223 OH Page BA Aug94-Dec95

Thread