1994-12-07 - Re: Good times virus thing-a-ma-bobber

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@imsi.com>
To: “ADAM GERSTEIN, THE MACGURU” <GERSTEIN@scsud.ctstateu.edu>
Message Hash: abed7bada9c5d88dc8af1181b9e0eb0e11f0083e03a43bd6ea1ef106642f8c05
Message ID: <9412070610.AA07800@snark.imsi.com>
Reply To: <941207010448.20216805@SCSUD.CTSTATEU.EDU>
UTC Datetime: 1994-12-07 06:10:41 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 6 Dec 94 22:10:41 PST

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@imsi.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 94 22:10:41 PST
To: "ADAM GERSTEIN, _THE_ MACGURU" <GERSTEIN@scsud.ctstateu.edu>
Subject: Re: Good times virus thing-a-ma-bobber

"ADAM GERSTEIN, _THE_ MACGURU" says:
> Need I remind you of a certain Robert T. Morris? Does the "Internet
> Worm" mean anything to you? Sure, it wasn't actual email, but it did
> use email and other means of transport to cripple the net in a
> matter of hours.

The similarity between the Morris worm and a "if you read it your
computer will get cooties" virus is comparable to the distinction
between an actual war and the film version of "Star Wars".

.pm

Thread