1994-12-13 - James Donald’s comments

Header Data

From: perry@imsi.com (Perry E. Metzger)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c1837ea3eecf4e66097c5b6e9c87dfe7b92c4e0902f6ee4eafe238146793280c
Message ID: <9412131431.AA07769@webster.imsi.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 13 Dec 94 06:31:39 PST

Raw message

From: perry@imsi.com (Perry E. Metzger)
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 94 06:31:39 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: James Donald's comments

James Donald has claimed that I've been talking about vaporware and
that Netscape has produced "real cool crypto for the masses".

As I've noted, real code to implement proposals quite similar to IPSP
is out there right now, and has been for half a year. The reason that
it isn't very widely deployed is largely because we haven't been
pushing it because it isn't fully clean yet, not because it couldn't
be used. (It is indeed being used by real people with real
applications).

.pm

Thread