1994-12-13 - Re: James Donald’s comments

Header Data

From: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
To: perry@imsi.com
Message Hash: e279ffd3752aedb8cb63b512e76adea5b07b4567fdab0c2c9de4c3ff47600863
Message ID: <199412131852.KAA23951@netcom10.netcom.com>
Reply To: <9412131431.AA07769@webster.imsi.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-12-13 18:54:24 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 13 Dec 94 10:54:24 PST

Raw message

From: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 94 10:54:24 PST
To: perry@imsi.com
Subject: Re: James Donald's comments

Perry E. Metzger writes

> James Donald has claimed that I've been talking about vaporware and
> that Netscape has produced "real cool crypto for the masses".

I am sorry if I seemed to be saying that:  I well know that that is
not true.

But right now today everyone one the net who sends out a form
through netscapes 0.96 web browser gets a warning that his form
is not encrypted, with the implication that it should be.

(Unless he turns off the warning.)

Thus millions of people are being exposed to cryptography.

What I meant to say is that Netscape is bringing Crypto to
the *masses* and you are not.

I did not intend to say that Netscape is bringing Crypto and
you are not.

We have the right to defend ourselves and our
property, because of the kind of animals that we        James A. Donald
are.  True law derives from this right, not from
the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.            jamesd@netcom.com

Thread