1995-01-30 - Re: Remailer Specs

Header Data

From: Michael Handler <grendel@netaxs.com>
To: “Michael P. Brininstool” <mikepb@freke.lerctr.org>
Message Hash: 436abd82ed4726ce0f6a85525f4300e380ae9765b452337060237a5cab1d89a5
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.950129213242.15218A-100000@unix2.netaxs.com>
Reply To: <1995Jan29.153057.11745@freke.lerctr.org>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-30 02:34:44 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 29 Jan 95 18:34:44 PST

Raw message

From: Michael Handler <grendel@netaxs.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 95 18:34:44 PST
To: "Michael P. Brininstool" <mikepb@freke.lerctr.org>
Subject: Re: Remailer Specs

On Sun, 29 Jan 1995, Michael P. Brininstool wrote:

> Cypherpunk Type I?  Ok, what are the other types?  Should there be a
> type specification like there is for RAID, or the Body Armor Threat
> levels?

	Currently? Only Mixmaster AKA Cypherpunk Type II. This is part of
why an official standards document is needed. My specs will include the
start of an `official' type specification.

[ snip ]
> Should we come up with a similar type of graduated system, and specs
> for each, with some kind of negotiation between remailers, so that they
> can determine what levels to use to communicate with various
> remailers?
> Then we could talk in terms of type 6, for example, having all the
> abilities of levels 1-5 and then some.

	Not a bad idea. I'll see what I can do.

--
Michael Handler                                         <grendel@netaxs.com>
Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics                   Philadelphia, PA

Thread