1995-01-24 - Re: Here’s what will happen to U.S. based remailers

Header Data

From: Samuel Kaplin <skaplin@mirage.skypoint.com>
To: Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
Message Hash: 88189ec872e864b548fddf11276c6264af894e3d6eb117f6616991e8f423e5d9
Message ID: <Pine.SV4.3.91.950124161239.1512A-100000@mirage.skypoint.com>
Reply To: <v01510101ab4b13590a65@[192.0.2.1]>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-24 22:17:52 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 24 Jan 95 14:17:52 PST

Raw message

From: Samuel Kaplin <skaplin@mirage.skypoint.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 95 14:17:52 PST
To: Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Here's what will happen to U.S. based remailers

On Tue, 24 Jan 1995, Lucky Green wrote:

> Many years ago, I read a poem by a German priest that stated that the Nazis
> first start with the groups that nobody likes, then those that most people
> don't like, until at last they knock on your door.
>
> The more things change, the more they stay the same?

Is this the poem, Lucky?

     They [Nazis] came first for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
     Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
     Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.
     Then they came for me,
and by that time there was no one left to speak up.
                         - Martin Niemller

Seems appropriate lately, doesn't it?

Sam

Thread