1995-01-11 - Re: Remailer postage

Header Data

From: Jurgen Botz <jbotz@orixa.mtholyoke.edu>
To: jpb@gate.net
Message Hash: 9552f14e0caa4190a9d7ce5cb5650ac36b01eb05e080f31f2cb570bff35c2b86
Message ID: <199501110308.WAA07340@orixa.mtholyoke.edu>
Reply To: <199501051802.NAA22909@seminole.gate.net>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-11 03:08:46 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 10 Jan 95 19:08:46 PST

Raw message

From: Jurgen Botz <jbotz@orixa.mtholyoke.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 95 19:08:46 PST
To: jpb@gate.net
Subject: Re: Remailer postage

jpb@gate.net wrote:
> Where can I get the Magic Money software?

I'm a bit behind, so sorry if others have already suggested this, but
you should need any digicash for this... stamps can be just big random
numbers.  Someone buys a books of stamps, you make 10 big random
numbers send them a copy and keep a copy on file.  After a message
comes through with a particular number you throw that number out.

Just like real stamps, and unlike money, they can be used only once.

Thread