1995-02-10 - Re: MIME based remailing commands

Header Data

From: Hal <hfinney@shell.portal.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 26ced57723cda5bd6152a8b1e34cd22a715f9dec2b52af12cb52b5d5d784d382
Message ID: <199502101639.IAA21710@jobe.shell.portal.com>
Reply To: <ab60b81304021004b962@[137.110.24.250]>
UTC Datetime: 1995-02-10 16:40:21 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 10 Feb 95 08:40:21 PST

Raw message

From: Hal <hfinney@shell.portal.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 95 08:40:21 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: MIME based remailing commands

lcottrell@popmail.ucsd.edu (Lance Cottrell) writes:

>I agree that changing mixmaster to search for a MIME line, rather than the
>:: would be no effort at all.

>I use sendmail for the client and the remailer (actually they are the same
>code), so adding new headers is easy. Unfortunately I am having some
>problems with sendmail. Sendmail is marking the messages as "Apperently
>To:" rather than "To:". Any idea what might cause that?

I think this might be caused by a disagreement between the To: address in
the message itself and whatever "To" address was passed to sendmail on
the command line.  If you pass -t to sendmail then it won't look for a
"To" address on the command line, at least as configured at my site.

Hal

Thread