1995-07-18 - Re: Deployment

Header Data

From: Mike Bailey <bailey@computek.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 11dc2625f7f927057a70451b2d7efb6f1a7a58401d490c8e96b17084e452e1af
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.950717233255.1828A-100000@bambam.computek.net>
Reply To: <199507170827.BAA12427@ix6.ix.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-07-18 04:35:10 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 17 Jul 95 21:35:10 PDT

Raw message

From: Mike Bailey <bailey@computek.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 95 21:35:10 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Deployment

On Mon, 17 Jul 1995, Bill Stewart wrote:

> > > So, anyone want to volunteer to port Privtool to Windows ?
> > Uh, pardon my ignorance, but what is privtool, and why is it
> > a good thing to port it to windows?
> > (As compared to the task of integrating PGP into microsofts
> > mail tool.)
>
> It's an open-system mail tool resembling Sun's mailtool with PGP support added.
> Open-system tools are one of those vanguard things :-)
> (So are convenient GUI-development tools.)
> I no longer have a nearby Sun machine to play on, so I haven't played with it,
> but if it's got a well-done interface it's worth porting or stealing concepts
> from to include in other systems.  I've heard that Microsoft's new mail tools
> are far less brain-damaged than the Microsoft Mail I've grown to know and hate,
> which assumes any message that's more than a few lines will be an attached
> document with maybe some optional intro and leftover mail headers,
> and chokes on messages with more than 30K of text in the body (choking badly
> on more than 64K).  (Apparently, part of the reason for this evil is the fault
> of Visual Basic and/or Visual C++, which are convenient GUI development
> tools...)
>
> On the other hand, integrating it into Free Eudora for Windows would be
> pleasant,
> if that's doable (I forget it source is available.)
> #                                Thanks;  Bill
> # Bill Stewart, Freelance Information Architect, stewarts@ix.netcom.com

Does Privtool support POP3 ??

-Mike

*       Mike Bailey                     (hm)214-252-3915                 *
*       AT&T Capital Corporation.       (wk)214-456-4510                 *
*       email bailey@computek.net       host bambam.computek.net         *
*   "Remember you can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish -Joe Walsh"   *
*               http://www.computek.net/public/bailey/                   *