1995-08-17 - Re: SSL challenge – broken !

Header Data

From: Jim Gillogly <jim@acm.org>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 214664c8bbc90ded5bc5d8ea31d0bd2fc7e15d8326f6c83b1fbd70b2e1feb96d
Message ID: <199508171539.IAA02929@mycroft.rand.org>
Reply To: <199508161832.OAA19556@frankenstein.piermont.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-08-17 15:39:23 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 17 Aug 95 08:39:23 PDT

Raw message

From: Jim Gillogly <jim@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 95 08:39:23 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: SSL challenge -- broken !

> > > Hal <hfinney@shell.portal.com> writes:
> > > I am a little alarmed by the suggestion that this news could have some
> > > marked impact on the Netscape stock price.  From our perspective this was

> Jim Gillogly writes:
> > So far it appears not to have had an effect.  The two web pages I know abou

> "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> writes:
> I haven't seen any news stories about this on the wire
> services. Someone would have to write a story about it first before
> people would know...

I note that Netscape is down 3 at the moment... cause and effect are hard
to identify, of course, since the stock has been waving around a lot since
its IPO a week ago.  In any case, provisional full marks to Perry.

	Jim Gillogly
	Highday, 25 Wedmath S.R. 1995, 15:38

Thread