1995-08-24 - Re: SSL CHALLENGE: ALERT! probable misallocation of keys?

Header Data

From: Piete Brooks <Piete.Brooks@cl.cam.ac.uk>
To: Jyri Kaljundi <jk@digit.ee>
Message Hash: 53aa407bbb8acbb85e745ed2de24e37d9f2d5d690aa9eab04df513b840dd02a1
Message ID: <“swan.cl.cam.:251950:950824220946”@cl.cam.ac.uk>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9508250018.A1207-0100000@digit.ee>
UTC Datetime: 1995-08-24 22:11:49 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 24 Aug 95 15:11:49 PDT

Raw message

From: Piete Brooks <Piete.Brooks@cl.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 95 15:11:49 PDT
To: Jyri Kaljundi <jk@digit.ee>
Subject: Re: SSL CHALLENGE: ALERT! probable misallocation of keys?

> Just a dumb question: when brutessl-brclient-brloop will find the key,
> will it report it to the keyserver right away?

IF it manages to get a word in edgeways, yes.

However, I fear some ACKS are being lost :-(

> What I mean is can I just start the brloops on my machines and log out,
> and not have to look at the display all the time?

Indeed -- it's meant to run unattended.

HOWEVER, due to the problems with loosing ACKs, it would be useful to send
the output to a log file, and then check that all the scanned segments made it
to the server [[ NB: stats updates are currently manual !! ]]

> BTW how can I log brloop's output into a file and not to the screen?

sh:	brloop >> logfile 2>&1 &
csh	brloop >>& logfile &		(I think)

Aliter:	"nohup brloop &" might do it

Thread