1995-08-07 - Re: Pat Robertson Fears E-cash?

Header Data

From: Michael Handler <grendel@netaxs.com>
To: Nathan Zook <nzook@bga.com>
Message Hash: 71ecb09ef4506bfc930c4ff348d47d8244e36b1a2b29c7cbeb8636a105c38c1a
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.950806232140.17572A-100000@unix1.netaxs.com>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9508020058.E23934-0100000@maria.bga.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-08-07 03:23:53 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 6 Aug 95 20:23:53 PDT

Raw message

From: Michael Handler <grendel@netaxs.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 95 20:23:53 PDT
To: Nathan Zook <nzook@bga.com>
Subject: Re: Pat Robertson Fears E-cash?

On Wed, 2 Aug 1995, Nathan Zook wrote:
> I believe that Pat Robertson is not aware of the privacy-enhancing
> capabilities of e-cash.  In a probabilistic sense, he may well be right.

Not true. In the 700 Club transcript I have, David Chaum is interviewed,
and the blinded digital cash he has invented is portrayed in a very
positive light, as a way of enabling digital cash and avoiding the
prophesies of Relevation.

There are more fundamentalist Christians involved in the crypto movement
than you realize.
--
Michael Handler      | Cypherpunks: Civil Liberty through Complex Mathematics
handler@sub-rosa.com |

Thread