1995-08-20 - Secure, reliable (Re: Distributed computing)

Header Data

From: Nathan Loofbourrow <loofbour@cis.ohio-state.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: bacf782e9e256e38c641a9edbb6ace5627fcebe6af91090084dccd1811c3f037
Message ID: <199508202359.TAA22611@colon.cis.ohio-state.edu>
Reply To: <14470.9508181605@exe.dcs.exeter.ac.uk>
UTC Datetime: 1995-08-20 23:59:38 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 20 Aug 95 16:59:38 PDT

Raw message

From: Nathan Loofbourrow <loofbour@cis.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 95 16:59:38 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Secure, reliable (Re: Distributed computing)

A couple of months back, someone (Adam Back, perhaps?) made mention of
work on secure, reliable distributed computing on untrusted networks
of untrusted machines. I seem to remember mention of sending out bogus
computations in order to obscure the actual computation being
performed.

I was never able to follow the reference, since all the info available
was the name of a Japanese professor, with no mention of the
university or of any publications I could look up.

Does this work ring a bell with anyone else?

nathan

Thread