1995-09-17 - Re: Anonymous WWW proxies

Header Data

From: Aleph One <aleph1@dfw.net>
To: Laurent Demailly <dl@hplyot.obspm.fr>
Message Hash: 3536787f0cf1a1481c89555e4f1b0bdaf91f307a2ab20145041cf0d210a062c2
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.90.950917112041.3532A-100000@dfw.net>
Reply To: <9509171010.AA11011@hplyot.obspm.fr>
UTC Datetime: 1995-09-17 16:27:08 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 17 Sep 95 09:27:08 PDT

Raw message

From: Aleph One <aleph1@dfw.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 95 09:27:08 PDT
To: Laurent Demailly <dl@hplyot.obspm.fr>
Subject: Re: Anonymous WWW proxies

Points taken. But I belive the are (or will be patches) for CERN to d
SSL. Check the SSLeay ssl-user mailing list.

While we talking abut anonymous proxies. I always wanted to set up an IP
anonymous proxie using Linux IP tunnel and maybe also IP
Masquareding. This would allow people to have anonymous Web Servers, etc.
(But as anything it would probably be abused for hacking, etc at no end).
Any commments?

Aleph One / aleph1@dfw.net
http://underground.org/
KeyID 1024/948FD6B5
Fingerprint EE C9 E8 AA CB AF 09 61  8C 39 EA 47 A8 6A B8 01

On Sun, 17 Sep 1995, Laurent Demailly wrote:

> The chaining is not dynamic (but its is maybe patcheable) ?
> I don't think there is support for encryption (ssl patches maybe?) ?
> Also, CERN httpd is a huge thing, maybe some smaller proxy would
> do...
> My development is/could be based on my httpd, but simplified... I'll
> have a look at standalone already existing proxies before reinventing
> the wheel...

Thread