1995-09-27 - Re: cypherpunks press releases/contact list

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@piermont.com>
To: mkj@october.ducktown.org
Message Hash: 4d3ab9629dcb55498ed1d242a05b81627e2d2be5f47ee464f8d3c06ded0a1ab1
Message ID: <199509262341.TAA16602@frankenstein.piermont.com>
Reply To: <199509261623.AA00939@october.ducktown.org>
UTC Datetime: 1995-09-27 00:30:39 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 26 Sep 95 17:30:39 PDT

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 95 17:30:39 PDT
To: mkj@october.ducktown.org
Subject: Re: cypherpunks press releases/contact list

mkj@october.ducktown.org writes:
> For better or worse, in the media we ARE a group,

I don't care. Anyone claiming to represent "cypherpunks" will be lying
-- at the very least, they will not be representing Tim May, and they
will not be representing me.

Given that there is no organization, you can't get the organization to
agree on anything anyway. If you claim to represent the group, you'll
just be lying.

No one is going to be representing "Perry Metzger", either. I don't
want anyone on earth pretending to represent me, as I'm the only
person who can state my views authoritatively.

Who gives a damn, anyway? Its not as though we have a "cypherpunks"
reputation to uphold.

If you want to get associated with something, go out and crack a
cryptosystem on your own. Quit thinking "group".

Perry

Thread