1995-09-29 - No Subject

Header Data

From: nelson@santafe.edu (Nelson Minar)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 71ff223da00bb5acda23fd06c6e5710f3156d0668c302541cba2b46a31ce8f79
Message ID: <9509290711.AA07934@sfi.santafe.edu>
Reply To: <199509290439.FAA26254@utopia.hacktic.nl>
UTC Datetime: 1995-09-29 07:13:24 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 29 Sep 95 00:13:24 PDT

Raw message

From: nelson@santafe.edu (Nelson Minar)
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 95 00:13:24 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: No Subject

>>Although no encryption system was totally secure, Mr Dent estimated
>>it would take "25 Cray supercomputers a year" to break the STT codes.
>Is it just me, or does someone need to be humbled?

They're certainly calling out for some external evaluation.

Has anyone read the specs? Care to summarize? I'm curious if the "25
crays one year" comment is intended to mean anything, or if it's just
some foolish PR person who doesn't understand what he's talking about.

Thread