1995-09-15 - Re: Linking = Showing = Transferring?

Header Data

From: Charles Lewton <clewton@netcom.com>
To: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Message Hash: 7c5285819d99db6fa7f9a592c9a983034d51259d8be9d42b1839493b2010b517
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.950915082125.12633F-100000@netcom17>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.91.950915055557.22150A-100000@panix.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-09-15 15:36:32 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 15 Sep 95 08:36:32 PDT

Raw message

From: Charles Lewton <clewton@netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 95 08:36:32 PDT
To: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Subject: Re: Linking = Showing = Transferring?

On Fri, 15 Sep 1995, Duncan Frissell wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Sep 1995, Lucky Green wrote:
>
> > The answer is trivial. If it pisses of the fascists in power enough, you
> > go to jail or get killed.

> As a libertarian nut, I bow to no one in my love of extreme statements.
> But I feel compelled to sqaush this particular notion whenever I see it.
> Randy Weaver really pissed off the Feds and did not go to jail (except
> during trial) and received a $3.1 million settlement.  (.1 to him, 3 to
> the kids but they are minors).
>
> DCF

Not quite squashed, Duncan.  Bullet placement (poor by some standards)
is all that prevented Mr. Weaver from croaking like his unfortunate wife.
She is said to have "pissed off" the feds but was not charged with a
single actionable item yet she remains quite dead.

Unless I have missed somthing somewhere, no TLA is concerned in the slightest
with individual liberty.  That notion should keep a rational person awake
nights.

Chuck

Thread