1995-09-08 - Re: GAK

Header Data

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ac0923f7a31d8a151a0c9e5bb93b814ded97cd4cf2455767cfe58f78537237bf
Message ID: <199509080450.GAA29735@utopia.hacktic.nl>
Reply To: <Pine.D-G.3.91.950903212120.8430B-100000@dg.thepoint.net>
UTC Datetime: 1995-09-08 04:50:51 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 7 Sep 95 21:50:51 PDT

Raw message

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 95 21:50:51 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: GAK

In article <Pine.D-G.3.91.950903212120.8430B-100000@dg.thepoint.net>,
bdavis@thepoint.net (Brian Davis) wrote:

>I, of course, know of the "dislike" of GAK here.  I am curious to know,
>however, if the "dislike" is because government would have access under
>any circumstances or if the primary worry is that government will cheat
>and get access when most would agree that they shouldn't (either by the
>judge "cheating" or a TLA stealing it).

Speaking only for myself, I would resist government access to my data or
property. Court orderd warrant or not. I firmly believe that the majority
of "lawful" acts the goverment in its various incarnations commits every
day is in violation of not only the US Constitution, but of the natural
rights given to me as part of my humanity. I therefore hold that I have
right, if not the duty, to resists these acts in anyway possible, upto and
including the use of lethal force. The number of citizens who share this
opininon are growing every day.

--anon, due to the denoucement of the Bill of Rights by the criminals in
high office.

Thread