1995-09-07 - Re: not a flame please read and think about this

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@piermont.com>
To: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
Message Hash: b93b915c1e5999ff1d4c02cd78b5561f52e11777b228ff22ae5634884be9244b
Message ID: <199509071633.MAA04493@frankenstein.piermont.com>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.91.950907074029.24168A-100000@crl.crl.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-09-07 16:34:06 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 7 Sep 95 09:34:06 PDT

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 95 09:34:06 PDT
To: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
Subject: Re: not a flame please read and think about this

Sandy Sandfort writes:
> On Thu, 7 Sep 1995 an116512@anon.penet.fi wrote:
>
> > why is it that half the people who post here work for the
> > government or big companies that are doing governments bidding
> > (rand.org (which is part of the the nsa!) att.com (makers of the
> > clipper chip) mit (which onwns rsa) netscape etc etc)
>
> I doubt the statistics and I don't see how mere employment with
> the above somehow disqualifies one for having a regard for
> privacy.

anonymous idiot doesn't even have his facts right. VLSI and Mykotronix
(sp?) make the EES chips. Rand doesn't do much NSA research (although
there are other companies that do) and MIT doesn't have any real
rights to RSA given the PKP agreements.

In any case, who gives a damn?

Perry

Thread