1995-10-12 - Re: MITM attacks and True Names (again…)

Header Data

From: Mark <mark@lochard.com.au>
To: jirib@cs.monash.edu.au
Message Hash: 1b5e42b215797a2ed963d0346c6425215e857ff637ba929cf38028d09f092751
Message ID: <199510120905.AA47595@junkers.lochard.com.au>
Reply To: <199510120358.NAA14220@sweeney.cs.monash.edu.au>
UTC Datetime: 1995-10-12 10:33:21 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 12 Oct 95 03:33:21 PDT

Raw message

From: Mark <mark@lochard.com.au>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 95 03:33:21 PDT
To: jirib@cs.monash.edu.au
Subject: Re: MITM attacks and True Names (again...)

>> all a True Name is really necessary for
>> is violence.  (And, pending certain eagerly-awaited technological
>> developments, for sex.))
>Why is a true name necessary for sex? It should be feasible to arrange
>a romantic rendezvous without True Names, no?
>How often have you checked IDs before going on a date?
>(I think most normal people would notice a MITM during, er, never mind.)
>Anything I've missed?

Does the swapping of DNA keys on a patrol cars hood constitute sufficient
LEA monitoring? You can even deliver them your key if you think you can
run fast enough. This might be a situation where they would prefer you use
encryption wrappers rather than a cleartext transfer.

Safe swapping.

Cheers,
Mark
mark@lochard.com.au
The above opinions are rumoured to be mine.

Thread