1995-10-16 - Re: PA Remailer Concerns

Header Data

From: Mark <mark@lochard.com.au>
To: tedwards@Glue.umd.edu (Thomas Grant Edwards)
Message Hash: 353a62df9cfe2cb4756ecd44591ded99bbf071692e340cc22d579bab34815644
Message ID: <199510152238.AA43670@junkers.lochard.com.au>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.91.951015155654.19623C-100000@volt.isr.umd.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1995-10-16 01:42:30 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 15 Oct 95 18:42:30 PDT

Raw message

From: Mark <mark@lochard.com.au>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 95 18:42:30 PDT
To: tedwards@Glue.umd.edu (Thomas Grant Edwards)
Subject: Re: PA Remailer Concerns

>I am sure no PA state legislator knows what an anonymous remailer is.
>They have just made them illegal though.  The question is, will the police
>ever figure out what they are, and will they ever bother to selectively
>enforce the law.

More likely the law will be used when a remailer operator wont play ball with
the local LEA and surrender any existing logs. Then the LEA can simply throw
the operator into a court under this legislation.

If (when?) something serious is perpetrated and planned using a remailer then
they will have the motivation to shut them down.

Cheers,
Mark
mark@lochard.com.au
The above opinions are rumoured to be my own.

Thread