1995-10-18 - Re: Netscape whining virus

Header Data

From: Mats Bergstrom <asgaard@sos.sll.se>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6e19279fb613eb0e431cc44be3d27c7406847c98cf68cf1e931bfbabcf4662d7
Message ID: <Pine.HPP.3.91.951018103637.23762A-100000@cor.sos.sll.se>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9510180127.A64777-0100000@aix2.uottawa.ca>
UTC Datetime: 1995-10-18 10:05:38 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 18 Oct 95 03:05:38 PDT

Raw message

From: Mats Bergstrom <asgaard@sos.sll.se>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 95 03:05:38 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Netscape whining virus

s1018954@aix2.uottawa.ca wrote:

> my little contribution: People download binaries off the net all the
> time. Code gets infected and infects PCs. Big deal.

You don't seem to understand the issue here. Netscape with JAVA is
supposed to become more or less the 'only' program you will run,
a kind of superimposed operative system, or your main shell for
running 'everything' from. Much of 'everything' will be downloaded
at the time of execution. (Microsoft is supposed to be reduced to
one of several 'kernel-suppliers' only.) And 'infected PCs' really
*are* a very big deal in corporate and institutional surroundings.

Mats

Thread