1995-10-11 - Re: SAIC bought InterNic, but who is SAIC? A spook contractor!

Header Data

From: Alan Horowitz <alanh@infi.net>
To: Chris Claborne <Chris.Claborne@SanDiegoCA.ATTGIS.com>
Message Hash: 75b1bf4189d6c897b07923fc69d361fff03499e079ff351affcfadc1e4dbf254
Message ID: <Pine.SV4.3.91.951011192135.17718F-100000@larry.infi.net>
Reply To: <199510111853.OAA26654@ncrhub5.attgis.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-10-11 23:27:37 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 11 Oct 95 16:27:37 PDT

Raw message

From: Alan Horowitz <alanh@infi.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 95 16:27:37 PDT
To: Chris Claborne <Chris.Claborne@SanDiegoCA.ATTGIS.com>
Subject: Re: SAIC bought InterNic, but who is SAIC? A spook contractor!

I used to work for SAIC. It's a legitimate beltway-bandito contractor. To
call it a cover op is sort of missing a point. The government hardly ever
does _anything_ itself (as, say, percentage of budget). Contractors are
the ones who do the dirty work in the trenches.

SAIC is very widely dispersed. Each field office is responsible for
getting it's own contracts.  Hardly any revenue flows down from HQ to the
field offices. My boss used to say, "this place is like a McDonalds".

AS we speak, the US Navy is busy dis-establishing its Shore
Establishment. Cost savings. The same people will do the same jobs - they
will have merely been hired by contractors.

Alan Horowitz
alanh@infi.net

Thread