1995-10-11 - Re: SAIC bought InterNic, but who is SAIC? A spook contractor!

Header Data

From: Chris Claborne <Chris.Claborne@SanDiegoCA.ATTGIS.com>
To: John Gilmore <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: be582852fa7e4fdc35841bcefd0ff08dc335c8d579d1abea3206beee4b7f8946
Message ID: <199510111853.OAA26654@ncrhub5.attgis.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 11 Oct 95 11:54:03 PDT

Raw message

From: Chris Claborne <Chris.Claborne@SanDiegoCA.ATTGIS.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 95 11:54:03 PDT
To: John Gilmore <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: SAIC bought InterNic, but who is SAIC?  A spook contractor!

At 05:18 PM 9/28/95 -0700, John Gilmore wrote:
>Forwarded-by: gordoni@base.com (Gordon Irlam)

>SAIC's board members include Admiral Bobby Inman, former NSA head and deputy
>director of the CIA; Melvin Laird, Nixon's defense secretary; and retired
>General Max Thurman, commander of the Panama Invasion. Recently departed
>board members include Robert Gates, former CIA director; William Perry,
>current Secretary of Defense; and John Deutch, the current CIA director.
>Current SAIC government contracts include re-engineering information systems
>at the Pentagon, automation of the FBI's computerized fingerprint
>identification system, and building a national criminal history information
>system.

   I am not supporting the idea that SAIC is not annother govt mouthpiece or
cover op but it is standard practice to hire retired workers from government
that worked in the area that you want to sell services into.

   I know of a ex army colonel that used to work for a government
contractor.  I'm sure that he used his contacts to sell services to the
government.  You gotta love it!

Don't trust S/MIME, it's supported by RSA (a govt mouth piece) and uses DES.

                                        ...  __o
                                       ..   -\<,
Chris.Claborne@SanDiegoCA.ATTGIS.Com   ...(*)/(*).          CI$: 76340.2422
http://bordeaux.sandiegoca.attgis.com/
PGP Pub Key fingerprint =  A8 FA 55 92 23 20 72 69  52 AB 64 CC C7 D9 4F CA
Avail on Pub Key server.
PGP-encrypted e-mail welcome!

Thread