1995-10-05 - Re: Crypto APIs

Header Data

From: “James A. Donald” <jamesd@echeque.com>
To: Matt Blaze <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 80fb4bffcc6cb9f6ea3010427b40117e7df3a3f9b67b523a00c57ac92ce1e9c1
Message ID: <199510050532.WAA16394@blob.best.net>
Raw Date: Wed, 4 Oct 95 22:33:04 PDT

Raw message

From: "James A. Donald" <jamesd@echeque.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 95 22:33:04 PDT
To: Matt Blaze <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Crypto APIs

At 04:29 PM 10/2/95 -0400, Matt Blaze wrote:
> It seems best to encourage the realistic
> side of NSA as much as possible...

Why? Surely the realists are more dangerous than the nuts.

> [...]
>
> In other
> words, the parts of the military that are concerned with actually
> securing communications want exactly what we want, and are just
> starting to realize it.

This does not necessarily protect our right to cryptography, any
more than it protects our right to full auto guns.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   jamesd@echeque.com

Thread