1995-10-19 - [NOISE] Re: Netscape rewards are an insult

Header Data

From: futplex@pseudonym.com (Futplex)
Message Hash: e26216c03f05cef86bca31beeb4f4fff197765558f41942bf04e4fdd1739fff9
Message ID: <199510192203.SAA10579@opine.cs.umass.edu>
Reply To: <199510191722.KAA06757@jobe.shell.portal.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-10-19 22:04:19 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 19 Oct 95 15:04:19 PDT

Raw message

From: futplex@pseudonym.com (Futplex)
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 95 15:04:19 PDT
Subject: [NOISE] Re: Netscape rewards are an insult

Meta-noise, but I don't plan to lose any sleep over this....

Someone writing as Alice de 'nonymous writes:
> The Netscape Navigator client was DESIGNED to be controlled remotely from
> any machine on the Internet.  This is the "flawed algorithm".  W3 was
> meant to be hypertext ... not a gateway that permits a server to deliver
> customized byte bombs down a clearcut path by remote-control.

Maybe I'm just too sheltered. But in a couple of years on the Net, I've only
ever seen _one person_ write "W3" as an abbreviation for World Wide Web
before now.

Alice, meet Fred. Fred, meet Alice.

-Futplex <futplex@pseudonym.com>

Thread