1995-10-03 - IETF “Voluntary Access Control” working group

Header Data

From: Alan Barrett <barrett@iafrica.com>
To: “Cancelmoose[tm]” <moose@cm.org>
Message Hash: ee6e0e00ca8005ef00e17b3d29731665dd911929c8d683e973123c4d78f785c3
Message ID: <Pine.NEB.3.91.951003111132.28641d-100000@daisy.ee.und.ac.za>
Reply To: <199510012022.OAA07852@nag.cs.colorado.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1995-10-03 09:32:42 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 3 Oct 95 02:32:42 PDT

Raw message

From: Alan Barrett <barrett@iafrica.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 95 02:32:42 PDT
To: "Cancelmoose[tm]" <moose@cm.org>
Subject: IETF "Voluntary Access Control" working group

> It would make a great project if a bunch of cypherpunks installed
> NoCeM and then piped the list to a newsgroup.  We could then develop
> reputation servers to help us use NoCeM, start charging cyberbucks for
> our recommendations, and, in short, make cpunks into a slightly larger
> outpost in Cyberlibertaria. (a.k.a. The Free Net)

The IETF "Voluntary Access Control" working group could probably use a few
more people who are interested in the type of access control enabled by
reputation servers, as opposed to the type of access control imposed by
censorship servers.  Subscribe to the mailing list via
vac-wg-request@naic.nasa.gov.

--apb (Alan Barrett)

Thread