1995-10-24 - Re: Verification of Registration

Header Data

From: “Lynne L. Harrison” <lharrison@mhv.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f77cd380121ae19dd3dde1dea0f795d60f2b0eaaf6dd1478f2d5f16ebbf58444
Message ID: <9510241224.AA19261@mhv.net>
Raw Date: Tue, 24 Oct 95 05:24:02 PDT

Raw message

From: "Lynne L. Harrison" <lharrison@mhv.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 95 05:24:02 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Verification of Registration

  Curious.  Did anyone else receive this unsolicitated *invitation*?

At 11:31 PM 10/23/95 -0700, verify@cnet.com wrote:
>Your membership registration has been processed.  To become a full member
>of c|net online, please return the text of this message (to verify@cnet.com).
>
>The following magic token in this message [cypherpunks::752400770] will be
automatically
>processed to verify you.  Please note: The number included in the token is
>*not* your password; the one to use on the site is the one you entered on
>the registration form.
>
>Please include the complete token appearing above, including the brackets.
>The best way to return it to us is to include this entire message in your
>reply.  If you mailer does not allow you to do this, retype or cut and
>paste the magic token (including the square brackets) into a new message to
>verify@cnet.com. If you are having difficulty completing this process,
>please direct your questions to support@cnet.com.
>
>Once you are verified you will be able to take advantage of the full
>range of c|net online's services.

Lynne L. Harrison, Esq.
Poughkeepsie, New York
lharrison@mhv.net

"Say not, 'I have found the truth', but rather, 'I have found a truth.'"
                         - Kahlil Gibran from "The Prophet"