1995-11-21 - Re: Proving I’m not Bob.

Header Data

From: David Scheidt <david@math.earlham.edu>
To: s1113645@tesla.cc.uottawa.ca
Message Hash: 6119530f722ab75d24c97728968ad23953f803a9394ab7e1486e1b094825bcbf
Message ID: <Pine.NXT.3.91.951121142858.1144A-100000@litoria>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9511211301.B20512-0100000@tesla.cc.uottawa.ca>
UTC Datetime: 1995-11-21 19:56:32 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 22 Nov 1995 03:56:32 +0800

Raw message

From: David Scheidt <david@math.earlham.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 1995 03:56:32 +0800
To: s1113645@tesla.cc.uottawa.ca
Subject: Re: Proving I'm not Bob.

On Tue, 21 Nov 1995 s1113645@tesla.cc.uottawa.ca wrote:

> I had an idea for an advertising based net-payment scheme that has
> a particular security flaw making it totally untrustworthy unless it is
> possible to prove that you are not a particular person (the publisher
> receiving the ad money) when consuming (viewing or otherwise) the ads.

What is this system?  I can't think of any system that wouldn't work if
rearranged so that instead of proving you aren't Bob, you simply don't
prove that you are.  It is true that they are not isomorphic, and that
could be a problem in some situations, but I don't see this as one of them.

david
--------
David_Scheidt@math.earlham.edu

yip yip yip yap yap yak yap yip *BANG*  -- no terrier

Thread