1995-11-17 - Re: e$: Come aaaannnndddd Get it!

Header Data

From: futplex@pseudonym.com (Futplex)
Message Hash: a8173143740fcd6da635e0d7405bd8f3e06e79b5d7a1de04e5ec1dac69292fbf
Message ID: <199511172156.QAA15802@opine.cs.umass.edu>
Reply To: <m0tGVUJ-0008xnC@pacifier.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-11-17 22:47:46 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 18 Nov 1995 06:47:46 +0800

Raw message

From: futplex@pseudonym.com (Futplex)
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 1995 06:47:46 +0800
Subject: Re: e$: Come aaaannnndddd Get it!

jim bell writes: [re: payee anonymity]
> It seems to me that this should be possible, within limits, if the potential
> payee could generate a "blinded" note to be delivered to the payer by
> anonymous means.  The payer could get the note certified by the bank,
> possibly given an extra "blind" if necessary  (is this possible? Desirable?
> Why not?) and then the resulting still-blinded but certified note is posted
> (in encrypted form, I supposed) to the 'net so that only the payee can
> decrypt and unblind it.

This sounds like a version of "Hey, I'll pay you $10, if you give me a ten
dollar bill first." As I understand your protocol, Bob gives Alice an enote,
then Alice gives Bob an enote. Alice isn't paying Bob in any meaningful sense,
since Bob ends up with the same amount of e$ with which he started. Perhaps
you could clarify what you meant.

-Futplex <futplex@pseudonym.com>
"I'm not touched, but I'm aching to be...."

Thread