1995-12-31 - Re: Massey, CEO of Compuserve, on Internet

Header Data

From: Tim Scanlon <tfs@vampire.science.gmu.edu>
To: Michael Handler <grendel@netaxs.com>
Message Hash: 1ed0086a775f2f576f282aa96a947279132a6e6da9e1aff4d63ad6d57fbc27bc
Message ID: <9512311156.AA00347@vampire.science.gmu.edu>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.91.951229220043.25326A-100000@unix5.netaxs.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-12-31 11:58:09 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 31 Dec 95 03:58:09 PST

Raw message

From: Tim Scanlon <tfs@vampire.science.gmu.edu>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 95 03:58:09 PST
To: Michael Handler <grendel@netaxs.com>
Subject: Re: Massey, CEO of Compuserve, on Internet

you said:
|On Fri, 29 Dec 1995, Timothy C. May wrote:
|
|> Wow! I am watching the CEO of Compuserve being interviewed on CNBC, |>explaining how his company is "taking the high road by complying with the |>laws of Germany" in removing access to 200 Usenet groups.
|
|A blatant lie.

How this could ever be construed as "the high road" is beyond me.
Censorship and fascism tend to go hand in hand, I suppose it should
be no surprise to see this coming from de-dom.

Can we just start calling them CompuCensor instead of Compuserve?

Tim

tfs@vampire.science.gmu.edu (NeXTmail, MIME)  Tim Scanlon
tfs@epic.org                (PGP key aval.)  crypto is good
Digital Encryption Systems Inc.             I own my own words

Thread