1995-12-30 - Massey, CEO of Compuserve, on Internet

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: aa91198fa55aebcc672fcb64ffd5bb678ee19878be7d98e74fa4048afc3a1527
Message ID: <ad099b2f180210046cfa@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Sat, 30 Dec 1995 08:25:58 +0800

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 1995 08:25:58 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Massey, CEO of Compuserve, on Internet

Wow! I am watching the CEO of Compuserve being interviewed on CNBC,
explaining how his company is "taking the high road by complying with the
laws of Germany" in removing access to 200 Usenet groups.

So, what happens with Saudi Arabia announces that Christian and Jewish
newsgroups violate their laws (I don't know this for sure, but I know that
Jewish and Christian temples and churches are strictly verboten in Saudi
Arabia).

And, think of the many countries which ban homosexuality, and so on.

An amazing cave. Massey seems to think that all of the other large ISPs
will fall in line and remove "illegal" newsgroups (illegal in any country
in which they have account holders).

I wrote a longer post on the issues last night, so I won't repeat those points.

--Tim May