1995-12-11 - Re: [Mix-L] WARNING: sting via remailer! (fwd)

Header Data

From: wlkngowl@unix.asb.com (Mutatis Mutantdis)
To: N/A
Message Hash: 34c20067499abc89e936ec07a4ffd6be407db91152341d78cbba4457fe83ce80
Message ID: <DJ5Bun.4Cu@news2.new-york.net>
Reply To: <199512051407.JAA18236@copper.ucs.indiana.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1995-12-11 06:16:16 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 10 Dec 95 22:16:16 PST

Raw message

From: wlkngowl@unix.asb.com (Mutatis Mutantdis)
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 95 22:16:16 PST
Subject: Re: [Mix-L] WARNING: sting via remailer! (fwd)

Bryan Strawser <bstrawse@copper.ucs.indiana.edu> wrote:

> [...]
[..]
>> 	I was in the federal building coffee shop in Reston, Va. yesterday
>> when I overheard a conversation between what appeared to be two FBI agents
>> discussing a sting operation involving Mixmaster. Hearing the word
>> "mixmaster" naturally caused my ears to perk up and I listened further.
>>
>> 	It appears that the FBI has coerced a mixmaster remailer operator
>> into cooperating with them in a sting operation to catch remailers when
>> they forward email pertaining to pornography, pedophilia, and copy-written
>> software.

Not that such a thing is impossible, but it seems awfully suspicious
that FBI agents would be talking about a case within earshot of the
general public...

--Mutant Rob

Thread