1995-12-28 - Re: Telcom bill report

Header Data

From: “E. ALLEN SMITH” <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
To: futplex@pseudonym.com
Message Hash: 45a4eb37486a63c4863ba0d748958bd2b2e26c134e0f3e42bc6a8389332864a0
Message ID: <01HZBAWIUN7C8Y55DD@mbcl.rutgers.edu>
Raw Date: Thu, 28 Dec 1995 23:06:23 +0800

Raw message

From: "E. ALLEN SMITH" <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 1995 23:06:23 +0800
To: futplex@pseudonym.com
Subject: Re: Telcom bill report

From:	IN%"futplex@pseudonym.com" 21-DEC-1995 18:57:06.16

>> 	Here's the additional info from Reuters. As usual, Clinton is being a
> coward.

How do you figure ?

>    Vice President Gore says President Clinton will sign the bill. Before
>    the agreement, the president had been threatening for months to veto
>    the bill if Republicans in Congress did not retreat on a long list of
                 ~~~~~~~~~~~
>    issues. They retreated.
             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clinton won on this. The Administration does not appear to have altered its
position on this substantially.
	I am calling Clinton a coward for giving in to the Christian Coalition
and not vetoing this bill due to the censorship portion. He evidently decided
that following his oath of office and upholding the First Amendment wasn't
worth the "porn supporter" criticism Ralph Reed and his lot would direct his
way.
	-Allen

Thread