1995-12-08 - Re: CP: Mailing List Subjects

Header Data

From: Rich Graves <llurch@networking.stanford.edu>
To: Laszlo Vecsey <master@internexus.net>
Message Hash: 7f6694465317c0d82c67336d4ed80361222f9dccf48d79ab8d5ad8242d1bf34d
Message ID: <Pine.ULT.3.91.951208144730.21084P-100000@Networking.Stanford.EDU>
Reply To: <Pine.LNX.3.91.951208171531.16447B-100000@micro.internexus.net>
UTC Datetime: 1995-12-08 22:52:17 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 8 Dec 95 14:52:17 PST

Raw message

From: Rich Graves <llurch@networking.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 95 14:52:17 PST
To: Laszlo Vecsey <master@internexus.net>

On Fri, 8 Dec 1995, Laszlo Vecsey wrote:

> Would it be possible for the Cypherpunks mailing list remailer to parse the
> Subject line to include a CP: at the beginning, or some notation so that
> Cypherpunk messages can be easily 'filtered' out from my Inbox?

Majordomo always includes a Sender: owner-cypherpunks@toad.com header.
You'd know this if you used, say, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Mail, or
some other broken mail gateway. Procmail or whatever should be able to
filter mail based on this.

You can also read cypherpunks courtesy of http://www.hks.net/ (no,
Cyberia-L isn't there), or nntp.hks.net. Lots of people do this. I prefer
to deal with receiving the list in my personal mailbox because I don't
like waiting for downloads in real time.

> Also, about Microsoft's .PWL file format. Will they be releasing the
> new encryption method? Or are we not supposed to feel safe that our
> passwords are protected in Windows95.

I asked a related question of one of the networking program managers
today; I think the answer is yes. I'll forward this to see if he'd like
to make a public comment.

-rich

Thread