1995-12-03 - No Subject

Header Data

From: Anonymous <nowhere@bsu-cs.bsu.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 9a155ae092a4b8d54c427d0381f147ad66dc5768654137a33e03d96131d76251
Message ID: <199512030545.AAA01728@bsu-cs.bsu.edu>
Raw Date: Sun, 3 Dec 1995 14:04:17 +0800

Raw message

From: Anonymous <nowhere@bsu-cs.bsu.edu>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 1995 14:04:17 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: No Subject

The recent flap over Netscape and GAK ought to serve as a wakeup call and
a reminder of the advantages the anarchstic GNU/FSF paradigm of software
development has over the corporate model.

No one can control GNU code, and no entity can impose changes on everyone
else.  If everyone was using GNU browsers and ssl servers right now we'd
be safe.

Competing with Netscape is obviously something that's easier said than
done.  But we ought to consider the strategic importance of having robust,
free, open source packages for security applications, even if affordable
and high quality commercial products exist.

Thread