1995-12-12 - Re: EXON [Noise]

Header Data

From: “Rev. Ben” <samman-ben@CS.YALE.EDU>
To: Den of CryptoAnarchists <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: 9b7141da939f748cdc0923d20cff218632242771f42da745902502ee5f5ef854
Message ID: <Pine.A32.3.91.951212150845.27478H-100000@FROG.ZOO2.CS.YALE.EDU>
Reply To: <199512122017.OAA20584@khijol>
UTC Datetime: 1995-12-12 22:12:22 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 06:12:22 +0800

Raw message

From: "Rev. Ben" <samman-ben@CS.YALE.EDU>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 06:12:22 +0800
To: Den of CryptoAnarchists <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: Re: EXON [Noise]

> > (There is some controversy in molecular biology circles as to whether
> > "junk DNA" is really "junk" just because it doesn't build proteins. It
> > could perform a regulatory or "frame-check" function.)
>
> Actually, I think that once the matter is further studied, scientists
> will discover that the "junk DNA" is not junk, but inactive DNA,
> waiting for a "trigger".

Sorta like that episode of Star Trek where all this DNA gets combined
into a 3-D Quicktime movie?

Ben.
____
"If what Proust says is true, that happiness is the absence of fever, then
I will never know happiness. For I am possessed by a fever for knowledge,
experience, and creation."                                      -Anais Nin
PGP Encrypted Mail Welcomed      Finger samman@powered.cs.yale.edu for key

Thread