1995-12-22 - Re: CFS and Linux

Header Data

From: Jon Lasser <jlasser@rwd.goucher.edu>
To: Alex de Joode <usura@berserk.com>
Message Hash: 9d4c08f3604a02873d19b789e7c2fef1d13fa1c9c957cbb8c8297a71a361319e
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.951222001714.9575A-100000@rwd.goucher.edu>
Reply To: <199512201915.UAA00215@asylum.berserk.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-12-22 05:27:23 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 21 Dec 95 21:27:23 PST

Raw message

From: Jon Lasser <jlasser@rwd.goucher.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 95 21:27:23 PST
To: Alex de Joode <usura@berserk.com>
Subject: Re: CFS and Linux

On Wed, 20 Dec 1995, Alex de Joode wrote:

> Is there anyone out there that has CFS running with Linux ?
>
> It installs fine on BSDi 2.0 but I'm unable to install it
> under Linux, I would appreciate it if some one would help
> me out.

I've got it running fine under Linux.  To do this, you have to do several
things:

(1) Use RPC with the 'old style file' option, whatever that is...
(2) Edit out the _'s from the RPC-generated files
(3) Use the modified make command included in the README.

I, for one, hope that Matt Blaze fixes (or at least automates :)) these
quirks in the new version due out RSN...

Jon Lasser
Jon Lasser                <jlasser@rwd.goucher.edu>            (410)494-3072
          Visit my home page at http://www.goucher.edu/~jlasser/
  You have a friend at the NSA: Big Brother is watching. Finger for PGP key.

Thread