1996-01-29 - [NOISE] Re: The Big Lie

Header Data

From: jfricker@vertexgroup.com (John F. Fricker)
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Message Hash: c120e0a3a32dc6a5c57782d3de34210736507dc5f03e4c9158a277a17f5ee751
Message ID: <2.2.32.19960128235423.0039a63c@vertexgroup.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 29 Jan 1996 08:23:34 +0800

Raw message

From: jfricker@vertexgroup.com (John F. Fricker)
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 1996 08:23:34 +0800
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Subject: [NOISE] Re: The Big Lie

My grandfather was drafted towards the end of world war ii. he was a doctor and was among the first medical teams to land at anzio. his hospital was the first to arrive at auswitz <sp?>. When asked how that affected him, my grandmother said "After he returned from the war there was no joy left in him."

I do not doubt the existance of prison camps in the third reich. Whether the stories have been exaggerated is another question. Besides in this day and age where Isreal is a nuclear arsenal run by nutty rightwing warlords who in their right mind would dare belittle their tragedies.

Rewriting history is a powerful tool, whether it be the history of the death of Hendrix, the death of Kennedy, the logging of the pacific northwest or of ethnic cleansing.

The only way to combat the powerful who would seek to rewrite history is to create an authenticatable system for document storage. Text books have long been regarded as the predominant model yet, pick up any high school history book and marvel at the differences from say Zinn's "The People's History of the United States". What is needed is more though. A system whereby one can trace the source of the information to the actual time and place of an event as well as authenticating identity.

At 02:07 PM 1/28/96 -0800, you wrote:
>At 7:59 PM 1/28/96, Mike Duvos wrote:
>
>>I just visited the Ernst Zundel Webcom page, which given the
>>number of server overload errors I experienced trying to browse
>>it, is now the Numero Uno Web Site on the entire Internet, thanks
>>to some anonymous and largely clueless official running
>>telecommunications services for the former Third Reich.
>
>Like many born after the Second World War, I took it as a fact that the
>so-called Holocaust actually happened. I saw pictures of death camps,
>interviews with survivors, etc.
>
>But if it really happened, why are so many countries trying to suppress the
>evidence that it was all just a CIA-Mossad plot? It seems more likely that
>the pictures were faked, or were pictures taken of dying Germans in Russian
>POW camps on the Eastern Front.
>
>If They are trying to suppress discussion, maybe there's something to their
>ideas.
>
>If the Germans are suppressing attempts to get at the truth, I suspect the
>stories are true that the Holocaust was part of Truman's "Big Lie."
>
>--Tim
>

>[Note: I present this as a line of thinking that is actually often the
>result of suppression of views. "If They are suppressing it, maybe there's
>some truth to it." Note also that the views of Zundel and other Holocaust
>Deniers are not causally related to the deaths of millions of Jews,
>gypsies, and others in WW II. The damage, if any, is in the "hurt feelings"
>and "insults" felt by survivors and their relatives. The other danger often
>cited, that Zundel will recruit a Fourth Reich or somesuch, is no more
>likely than that Jerry Falwell will recruit a New Crusade, or that J.
>Random Ranter will do the same. In a free and open society, we let people
>believe in "wrong ideas" (witness Christianity, Islam, Scientology,
>Judaism, and a thousand other cults).]
>
>Boycott espionage-enabled software!
>We got computers, we're tapping phone lines, we know that that ain't allowed.
>Timothy C. May              | Crypto Anarchy: encryption, digital money,
>tcmay@got.net  408-728-0152 | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero
>W.A.S.T.E.: Corralitos, CA  | knowledge, reputations, information markets,
>Higher Power: 2^756839 - 1  | black markets, collapse of governments.
>"National borders aren't even speed bumps on the information superhighway."

Thread