1996-01-10 - RE: Net Control is Thought Control

Header Data

From: David Mandl <dmandl@bear.com>
To: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Message Hash: ce8746f1ce279925570a9d7b75cd53b0617c5944a240115628e3ef61685b6f2b
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.960110152722.4338T-100000@goya>
Reply To: <2.2.32.19960110200221.006aa430@panix.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-01-10 21:02:31 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 05:02:31 +0800

Raw message

From: David Mandl <dmandl@bear.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 05:02:31 +0800
To: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Subject: RE: Net Control is Thought Control

<
> Not to mention the numerous content controls in countries other than the US.
>
> The Nets will smash all of these content controls.

So when WFMU starts broadcasting over the net, will I be able to play
smutty records on my show?

And when will I be able to add some kiddie-porn images to my web page?

   --D.

P.S.: Regarding limits on "freedom of speech" in the U.S., take a look
at the long list Tim May posted a few months back.  (I was scoffing at
Perry's claim that we had nearly complete freedom of speech in the
U.S., and then Tim responded with much more detail.)

--
David Mandl
Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc.

Bear Stearns is not responsible for any recommendation, solicitation, offer or
agreement or any information about any transaction, customer account or account
activity contained in this communication.