1996-02-03 - Ways around “censorship” of Nazi Zundelsite (fwd)

Header Data

From: Rich Graves <llurch@networking.stanford.edu>
To: egoldman@leland.Stanford.EDU
Message Hash: 3395fdb8606bce58074819a517741034cd44824f32b821283bd7bf3ab9a44b76
Message ID: <Pine.ULT.3.91.960201124432.11796K-100000@Networking.Stanford.EDU>
Raw Date: Sat, 3 Feb 1996 09:00:38 +0800

Raw message

From: Rich Graves <llurch@networking.stanford.edu>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 1996 09:00:38 +0800
To: egoldman@leland.Stanford.EDU
Subject: Ways around "censorship" of Nazi Zundelsite (fwd)

Similar notes have been posted to the newsgroups and faxed to a number of
press critters in Germany, Canada, and the US. The Ottowa Times is
probably going to be the first out with a reasonably in-depth story. If
you have something of import to say, I'll give you the reporter's number.

We won already. OK? I believe even the Wiesenthal Center is waking up to
the fact that the only acceptable and efffective way to deal with evil
lies in the modern age is by drawing them into the open and smothering
them with the truth. They should have a statement shortly.

Share and enjoy.

-rich

Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 00:55:06 GMT
From: Stormfront-l <stormfront-l@stormfront.org>
To: rich@c2.org
Subject: Ways around WebCom censorship of Zundelsite

From: Rich Graves <llurch@networking.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 16:55:06 -0800 (PST)

You might want to consider this on your own sites. An IP filter is no
good if the IP address changes.

I would also suggest holding your own press conference on February 28th.

Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 15:52:37 -0800 (PST)
From: Declan
Subject: Re: A possible (though unlikely) easy way around WebCom censorship

On Wed, 31 Jan 1996, Declan B. McCullagh wrote:
> The attached TELECOM Digest message mentions assigning a new IP address
> to WebCom's web server, which would defeat the current block.

Thomas Leavitt from WebCom tells me that Telekom has blocked all accesses
to hosts within the webcom.com domain, though WiN has not.

Apparently Spiegel TV is interested in reporting on this. One of their
reporters told me that the AntiDefamation League in NYC has been compiling
a list of offensive resources (primarily web pages, I think) on the
Internet.

They're going to hold a press conference on February 28 to "demand reduced
access" to this material.

- -Declan

Anyway, this is all moot, because there are so many holes in the
censorship curtain. See the full list of mirror sites and supplemental
documentation at any of the following, all accessible from any computer
in Germany:

http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena.mit.edu/contrib/bitbucket2/zundel/censorship.html
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/user/declan/www/Not_By_Me_Not_My_Views/censorship.
html
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/user/declan/www/Not_By_Me_Not_My_Views/censorship.
html
http://web.mit.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/user/declan/www/Not_By_Me_Not_My_Views/censor
ship.html

The Berlin Wall has fallen.

Next stop, the Great Firewall of China.

Host: don.black@stormfront.org (Don Black)
line 'unsubscribe Stormfront-L' in the message BODY, not the subject.

- -----
Processed with Listserv v2.77 for Wildcat v4

Thread